Thursday, January 31, 2008

Re: Vista & Office 2007 on new student laptops

I agree with y'all about how it'd be nice to not send more money =
Microsoft's
way. I'm not sure Google, however, is the innocent Indy. <start =
privacy
mini-rant> Certainly Google Docs (which I use), isn't free. You pay by
giving up some of your privacy whenever you use it. That's a choice
consumers should be able to make, and I'd rather not make it on behalf =
of the
students and faculty at my school. Just how much privacy to surrender =
in
exchange for ease of use or financial savings should be made by each
individual, and I submit that our default position as administrators =
should
be to provide the highest level of privacy possible, which people could =
then
give up as they choose. =20

<End privacy mini-rant>

David Rossell
Administrator of Network Services and Planning
Norwood School
8821 River Rd.
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 841-2178