Thursday, September 18, 2008

Re: Web SiteDesign/Management

There are a few options to consider. We have gone through a number of
different options over the years from designing and running our own
site and servers to outsourcing and have recently signed with
FinalSite. We have been very happy so far and while the process was
not without its hiccups it has been a good one.

We looked at Whipple Hill and SilverPoint and like them both as well,
but Whipple Hill seemed o be trying to do to much and SilverPoint had
a good sense of things, the technology behind it was there yet when we
looked at them.

If you want a site with the bells and whistles that these site
provide, but want to be able to control your own content and the
technology you can look at something like Drupal which will give you
the functionality and control Greg is talking about. With an option
like this you really need to know what you are doing though as it
requires some technical abilities not always available in schools.

Bill

William D. Stites, Jr.
Director of Technology
The Montclair Kimberley Academy